Topic: Does anyone use SCEditor plugin?

Hello Everybody,

I have just tried to use SCEditor plugin (https://www.wolfcms.org/repository/141). I cloned the master branch of that plugin from https://github.com/svanlaere/sceditor, copy that into wolf/plugins directory and enabled that.

However, it does not work when I tried to use it to edit any pages. Every time I switch the Filter into SCEditor, it does not do anything. It turned out that my browser get 404 on the request for wolf/plugins/sceditor/scripts/init.js, as that file does not actually exist. It looks like I missed something in the plugin installation but I cannot find any documentation about it.

Does anybody use SCEditor plugin? If so, could you please let me know what I miss in the plugin installation?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Anto

Thumbs up

Re: Does anyone use SCEditor plugin?

I just tested it on a clean Wolf 0.8.2 install and it didn't cause problems for me.
You can swtich to any of the other filters?

svanlaere wrote:

I just tested it on a clean Wolf 0.8.2 install and it didn't cause problems for me.
You can swtich to any of the other filters?

Yes, I can switch to Markdown or Textile filters but my browser still get 404 on the request for "wolf/plugins/sceditor/scripts/init.js" every time I save the page after changing the filter. But I guess since that init.js file is not relevant to Markdown and Textile filters, the functionality of those filters are not affected. So it does not actually matter whether I disable SCEditor plugin or not, those filters still work. The different is that, when I disable SCEditor plugin there is no request for "wolf/plugins/sceditor/scripts/init.js".

The init.js is actually shown to be located on the index.php of SCEditor plugin when I grep it as below.

index.php:        '/wolf/plugins/sceditor/scripts/init.js' => 'plugin/sceditor/sc_init',
index.php:        Plugin::$javascripts[] = $config_path.'scripts/init.js';

FYI, I am using version 0.8.2 as well. But I (am trying to) use Baseline theme.

Cheers,

Anto

Thumbs up

The theme does not effect the filters, i'll look into it.

svanlaere wrote:

The theme does not effect the filters, i'll look into it.

Thanks a lot Svanlaere,

I would like to let you know that I just raised this issue on your github repository with the title of SCEditor does not properly work on WolfCMS v0.8.2, to have this issue documented there as well.

Cheers,

Anto

Thumbs up

I've updated the Github repo, it should fix the issue you where having.

svanlaere wrote:

I've updated the Github repo, it should fix the issue you where having.

Thanks a lot Svanlaere,

I can confirm that your commit abe58b1604 fixes the issue. So I have closed the issue ticket on github.

Cheers,

Anto

Thumbs up

The nanospell module underlines errors naturally, and returns exact spelling proposals on right snap inside the setting menu. We go for zero expectation to absorb information for your clients.

Thumbs up