Topic: Page title from layout?

I'm using OG tags on a site and want to pull the page title (manually set in the layout, rather than using the page title) to fill the 'og:title' tag. Is this possible from the layout?

Thumbs up

Re: Page title from layout?

I take it that this is the "OpenGraph" tags from Facebook? I must live under a rock ... this is the first I've heard of them. wink

I'm not really clear how you've configured your code, though, when you say this:

...the page title (manually set in the layout, rather than using the page title)...

Wolf gives you a number places you can give page information that can be pulled dynamically, but how do you do this "manually" in the layout??

IF the information is stored in Wolf's db, then it SHOULD be possible to pull it dynamically -- so could you clarify the code/layout situation? Thanks!

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Hi David,

Sorry, perhaps not clear enough in my description. It's probably simpler to just copy in the OG tags to each layout rather than using a snippet that can pull in the relevant information.

Thanks
Pete

Thumbs up

prewebit wrote:

Sorry, perhaps not clear enough in my description. It's probably simpler to just copy in the OG tags to each layout rather than using a snippet that can pull in the relevant information.

yikes I can't believe that would be the case! Are you sure there isn't a way of making this dynamic? Wouldn't that be preferable? It's just that it's difficult to be sure what code you're working with. hmm

If you can fill in the code picture some more, it would be gratifying to find a dynamic solution!

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!