Topic: New "Wordpress" admin theme

This one seems to have flown under the radar (I just noticed it as recently added to the extensions repo) -- a new "Wordpress" inspired admin theme:

screenshot

Nice work, @SamBrishes, and thank you! cool I've just tried it out, and although made available as an "alpha" release, it works flawlessly for me. The colour options are especially nifty.

The repo page states that it will stay in development for the next (major) update of Wolf's admin -- so that's very good news.

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Re: New "Wordpress" admin theme

I have mixed feelings about looking like someone else's product, but there's no doubt that Sam Brishes did a great job!

Are Wolf CMS's green and brown colors inherited from Frog? With the name Wolf, you'd expect gray and silver colors! smile

Thumbs up +1

Huch? ^^

Hello, thank you for this post and your compliments. It's nice to hear that the theme works flawlessly. smile

Sincerely,
Sam.

Plugins: pawUsers (0.1.0)
AdminThemes: Fox (0.2.1) | WordPress (0.4.0)
Projects: pawGFM Filter | pawAskMe | SnickerForum | [...]

Thumbs up +2

There is, in fact, an existing "Wordpress" admin theme, but for an older version. One advantage, I've found, is that many people are familiar with the "Wordpress" approach/look, so it reduces the learning curve (small as it is) for Wolf, and increases the sense of familiarity - no bad thing, in certain contexts.

RobertH wrote:

Are Wolf CMS's green and brown colors inherited from Frog? With the name Wolf, you'd expect gray and silver colors! smile

Not quite inherited -- "historically" the brown/green combination was used in Wolf's first website, and evoked wolf/field  -

Canis lupus by Malene Thyssen | CC 3.0 by-sa on Wikimedia Commons

Some of that vibe can be found in the "coffee" option in Sam's admin (nice colour options!):

screenshot

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

The old Wordpress admin theme has allways been my favorite, untill this theme came along.
Excellent work Sam.

Oh, the colors make perfect sense now. Nice wolf pic too!

Thumbs up

Hallo,

svanlaere wrote:

The old Wordpress admin theme has allways been my favorite, untill this theme came along.
Excellent work Sam.

Thanks, i'm glad, that you like it. ^^

---

The current version of the WordPress 3.8 AdminTheme offers 8 ColorSchemes, all 8 of them are made by WordPress himself. I try to add 4 new (and own) ColorSchemes (Frog, Wolf, Fox and another one) with the next update.

The (WordPress) ColorSchemes (My favorite is Midnight):
WordPress Color Schemes

Sincerely,
Sam.

PS.: Cute wolf Pic :3

Thumbs up 0

Very nice theme. Great job indeed. smile

Khurram Shahzad
The FAS Solutions - Professional Web design Services,San Luis Obispo
Email:khurram@thefas-solutions.com

Thumbs up +1

Edit:
Version 0.3.0 is now available. Check it out: Wolf Repository, GitHub Repository. :D

Hello,

khurram0336 wrote:

Very nice theme. Great job indeed. :)

Pardon the wait, i was very busy. I currently work on a new Version (0.3.0) for the WolfCMS 0.8.3(.1). This version changed, inter alia, the "Content-Part"-Tabs with a Drop-Down field, the "widgets" were also "re-sorted" (See below).

Sincerely,
Sam.

Edit: Removed deprecated screenshots.

Last edited by SamBrishes (2015-11-11 20:14)

Thumbs up +1

Hello,

a new version is online.

Wint AdminTheme 0.4.0 (Beta)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pawedWolf/wolfcms-wint-admintheme/master/screenshot/edit_page.png

Important Changes (Short)

• The "wordpress-3.8" folder has renamed to "wint", please delete the old folder!

• Contains now the "themer" plugin, which is developed by @svanlaere

• Many elements has been changed!

• 3 WP color schemes were removed, 2 costum color schemes were added!

• Font Awesome (4.4.0) replaces the Dashicon Icon Font.

• Some stuff more...

Check out the huge Changelog file.

Sincerely,
Sam.

Last edited by SamBrishes (2015-11-11 20:25)

Thumbs up +1