Topic: [SOLVED] as_cache brings MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING

Hello together,

I've installed the as_cache (as in readme.txt written) and I can activate it in Wolf CMS.
But, there will not be stored any files in the "caches"-folder (rights are 777), and if I click on the cache-tab there comes a (error-)message: "MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING" - nothing else happens/can be reading.

I am not sure if the name of the cache ("caches") is allright, and/or where this folder should be stored exactly?
I have made this folder in "/var/www/wolfcms/caches" - this is correctly, isn't it?

Can anyone help, please?
Thank you.
worker

Last edited by worker (2014-06-19 08:16)

Thumbs up

Re: [SOLVED] as_cache brings MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING

Hi,

To fix "MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING" install Generator plugin and put english translation in /i18n/ folder.

I cannot find anything relating As Cache plugin but I can recommend Funky Cache. It's more up-to-date.

Tutorials at Project 79 | Wolf CMS Docs

What jackie says....

jackie wrote:

I cannot find anything relating As Cache plugin but I can recommend Funky Cache. It's more up-to-date.

I don't believe AS Cache has been maintained (I used to use it long ago), but Funky Cache is both maintained AND a much better caching solution anyway. FWIW.

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Hi.

Well, ok. I will try Funky Cache - thank you.

Thumbs up

I have tried the Funky Cache, but i had to refresh every page to get page cached, before that the page was blank.

I went with the documentation, so i had mod_rewrite on true.
But i have to say, that i have used the suffix after instalation.

Did i do something wrong, because a part from that, the website run realy fast.

Kind regards,...

Last edited by BigBug (2017-04-28 19:39)

Thumbs up

BigBug wrote:

I have tried the Funky Cache, but i had to refresh every page to get page cached, before that the page was blank.

Actually, I think I have noticed the same behaviour. I don't know what the fix or work-around might be though. In my case, the page isn't blank -- there are just some elements missing (like sidebar) until the page is refreshed, then it is all there.

It would be good to know if others experience something like this, too.

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!