Re: mbBlog - Blog system

blake wrote:
Muhang wrote:

Does anyone have this plugin for download? Mike's site is down.

...second that, would be handy...anyone?

Keep an eye on Mike's Github account; two of his plugins are there, and mbBlog should be up soon. cool

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Hey people

Quick post here from me. I've updated all my plugins in the plugin repo here on the wolf site and I've added them all to my GITHub account which was posted above by David.

As mentioned in the mbContact thread (http://www.wolfcms.org/forum/topic263.html) I've moved onto other stuff and real life took over so don't have time to keep these maintained.
But now as they are on GITHub, feel free to fork and do with them as you wish!

All the best!

cheers, super handy - some great contributions. Good luck with "other stuff"

Last edited by blake (2013-04-12 23:59)

snsmurf wrote:

... I've updated all my plugins in the plugin repo here on the wolf site and I've added them all to my GITHub account ... feel free to fork and do with them as you wish!

Hurrah! Many thanks for this, Mike - good to know your Wolf work is still used and appreciated! cool

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

I'm not a regular WolfCMS user, although I had to add a blog to a client's site that was built by someone else using Wolf.  This plugin is handy, although currently has a few things wrong with it out of the box.  Just thought I would share what I had to do to get it working properly...

It seems by default this plugins sets the layout back to the default Wolf theme on blog pages.  Not sure if this is intended behaviour or not, in any case to load your own theme you need to go to line 60 of MbblogController.php, change:

$this->setLayout('vepc');

to

$this->setLayout('your-theme');

Of course replacing 'your-theme' with the identifier for your theme.

The other thing is, if you set your Blog Path in the settings to something other than the home page, the links to your single post pages will no longer work.  This is because in the default post list view file, the links are absolute (with leading "/").  There are a couple ways to fix this, you could go in and figure out how to grab the blog path from the settings and stick that on the front of the links.

Although, the easier way is to go into views/bloglist.php, on line 3 you need to edit the href attribute of the anchor tag and delete the leading "/".  Now you need to make sure your Blog Path in settings has a trailing "/" included.  Of course this means your blog page will only work if the trailing slash is included in url.  To fix this you can go into your .htaccess file and 301 redirect your blog to always include a trailing slash.  You can insert this code in your .htaccess file underneath line 35 (in my file anyway, above the rewrite rule that includes "WOLFPAGE"):

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(blog)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1/ [L,R=301]

Note you will need to replace "blog" with your blog path.

With that the plugin should be working properly.

Last edited by curt92 (2013-06-18 23:46)

Thumbs up

curt92 wrote:

With that the plugin should be working properly.

@curt92 - thanks for these updates. I'm sure they'll prove helpful for others interested in this plugin.

If you wanted to go the "second mile" wink you could clone the Github repo and update the code. (Just a thought!)

Meanwhile, hope you're enjoying your casual Wolf work. Maybe it will lead to more. big_smile