Re: Registered Users Plugin

Excellent! Thanks

My donation was a gift of the Amazon wish list

Last edited by matt (2011-02-02 23:08)

David wrote:
matt wrote:

I have already donated. smile

What a star! wink Many thanks - it's greatly appreciated!

When did you do that? Because I've got no record of it? smile

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Amazon wishlist item (see above)

It was ordered Feb 2nd, shipped to you from Amazon via TNT on Feb 4th.

Let me know when you receive it. smile

Cheers,
matt

Last edited by matt (2011-02-06 18:43)

Hey man, thanks for that smile much appreciated! It just arrived today. My cold must've been worse than I thought because I totally forgot about this thread. big_smile

Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

You're welcome smile

Hi
To get the registered user plugin working as I wanted, I mean the plugin login form being dispayed instead of the admin login page, I've changed in main.php, line 200 :

redirect(URL_PUBLIC.(USE_MOD_REWRITE ? '': '?/').'authorisation-required');

Everything works all right, just wanted to know if this causes any issues in the wolf core?

Thumbs up

@baptiste - Hmmm... I wonder which version of Wolf you're using? I think what you have as "line 200" is line 152 in the current file?

We generally recommend against altering things in core files, as they tend to come back to bite you when upgrades come around. Perhaps if you tell us exactly what you want to do (or maybe some can figure out by what you've done!) there could be an alternative solution that would be more future-proof.

(I tidied up your post, btw: have a look to see how the "code" tags work -- makes things easier to read!)

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Do think about supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

I am attempting to get the Registered users plugin working.

My objective is to lock the Editor users out of editing certain pages. I want only the Administrator to have editing access to those certain pages.

I have the Registered user plugin installed. I go down to the bottom of each page I want to limit the access to and click the "Access: Administrator" checkbox. I then save the page.

However, when I log in as an Editor, I still have full access to edit those pages.

I have version registered users plugin 0.9.9 Installed on Wolf 0.7.3.

Could PDO be the issue? Just a guess. I know PDO is required for this plugin.

Last edited by Smietan (2011-03-01 21:42)

Thumbs up

Smietan wrote:

Could PDO be the issue? Just a guess. I know PDO is required for this plugin.

PDO is required for Wolf itself, so no, that can't be the problem.

I'm not sure and I'd have to check the code for the plugin, but if I remember correctly the plugin only prevents access in the frontend. Not edit access in the backend. (I think)

You could simply check the "protected" checkmark in the "Settings" tab of the page. That should get you what you want I think?

By the way.... Is that the one you downloaded from my GitHub account?

You are right! What I wanted to do (restrict Editor editing privileges to certain pages) can be achieved without the registered users plugin. Fantastic, thank you for the help!

Yes, the Registered users plugin 0.9.9 that I have installed was downloaded from your github.

Thumbs up

I'm trying to install Registered Users 0.9.9 on WolfCMS 0.7.5.
I uploaded the files to the plugins directory but when I login to the backend and navigate to the Administration section, it shows "error" where it should normally have the enable checkbox.

Has anyone got it to work with 0.7.5?

Thumbs up

Arbotron,
Yes I have it working with wolf 7.5.
I had problems with it working on sqlite, where it wouldn't enable.

But it seemed to work fine in Mysql.

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - The Alchemist

I get this: http://imageshack.us/f/405/wolfplugins.png/

Using MySQL 5.1.49.
Can anyone please help?

Thumbs up

arbotron wrote:

...when I login to the backend and navigate to the Administration section, it shows "error" where it should normally have the enable checkbox.

Ah, a screenshot is worth a thousand words. That "error" is simply reporting that the plugin cannot find the XML file for a latest-version check. There's nothing to stop you enabling the plugin by clicking the enable box. (Or shouldn't be!)

Try it and see how it goes.

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Do think about supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply David.

Hm there are no settings, I think that the only different thing I can see is the 'required' field in Pages. When I try to access those pages without being logged in, it redirects me to /admin/login .
I thought the plugin also added a register/login for for the visitors. I need it for end users. So instead of the /admin/login it should redirect to /register or something which has a form for registering (so the user can register himself and i can moderate it through the backend).

Anyone can shed some light?

Thumbs up

Update: I noticed that in the installation instructions it states:

3.    Find "Registered Users" in the list and click the checkbox to activate the
    plugin.

4.    Refresh the page and click the new "Registered Users" tab in the navigation.

I don't have a Registered Users tab! I do have one for Fancy Image Gallery for comparison.

Thumbs up

in the index.php file inside the registered_users folder edit the line:

Plugin::addController('registered_users', 'Registered Users', 'administrator');

to:

Plugin::addController('registered_users', 'Registered Users', 'admin_view');

The thing is to create the 'tab' the plugin developer needed to specify the roles allowed to see the 'tab', now 'permissions' are used instead.

Thumbs up

Hi andrewmman, I did as you said and I still don't get the tab or any visible difference.
hmm

Thumbs up

Damn.
It was a matter of renaming the folder.

mv mvdkleijn-registered_users-07a87d1/ registered_users

Now I can see the tab. Should I undo the change suggested by andrewmman? What is the difference?

Edit: Anything that I change in "Registered Users Settings", it won't apply. Like I enable registration of new users and allow frontend (No to Yes) and after hitting the button on the end of the page, it reverts to the defaults.

Last edited by arbotron (2011-06-26 01:45)

Thumbs up

I don't get it.
I have added all 5 pages that it instructs me to add, for example Login (accessible http://localhost/wolfcms/login) with the code "<?php ru_login_page(); ?>" but it's just an empty page.
I thought that it featured ready registration/login/lost password pages with the appropriate forms.

Can anyone please provide more info about this plugin?

Thumbs up

@arbotron - have you turned on DEBUG in config.php and taken a look at the HTTP server's error log?

As for the plugin, I've taken it over and will be making it easier to use and more stable soon. (very soon as we're also using it on this very site)

Hi,
I have just installed the plugin and still have the login redirect problem.
I got mysite.com/admin/login or mysite.com/admin/?/login instead of redirecting to the login.html page as set in the registered users settings.
What is the best solution?
thanks
Gabor

Thumbs up

You're redirected to admin/login from where? After doing an incorrect login or after visiting a page in the frontend requiring login?

sorry I mean after visiting a page in the frontend requiring login

Thumbs up

That is more or less "correct" behaviour for the current version. Since I have taken over development/maintainership for the Registered Users plugin and will be changing it to address some issues, I will take this one also into account.