Topic: WYMeditor

Just in case anyone is curious (I was!) The M's WYMeditor plugin, originally written for Frog, is working very nicely in Wolf 0.6.0 without any supporting jQuery plugin now that Wolf's migration to jQuery has begun.

(For those who don't know it, WYMeditor is a very nice "wysiwym" editor, a safer kind of "wysiwyg"! Especially for those prone to pasting into Wolf from Word. Sigh.)

It didn't play nice with tuupola's Asset Manager, so until both get updated for Wolf (probably 0.7.0, I would think), it means making a choice between them.

Unless others have difference experience to report...?

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Re: WYMeditor

David: Nice plugin. I've made a basic test, and seems to be ok. I don't know if anyone apart of me loves opera, but this plugin works also in opera :-)

Two small bugs:
1. In Firefox sometimes when I am editing "Preformatted" text, the flashing cursor which showing you actual position it is not visible, however you can type the text.

2. In Opera when you typing something in "Preformatted" text area and the click on Enter, new line is created also as a Preformatted text, but should be a new <p> section.

But apart of that I love it. As soon as I make some deeper test, I would let you know my suggestions.

--
Piotr

I have the *opposite* experience with The M's WYMeditor plugin. Enabling it would not allow me to view the "Settings" tab (screen shot), and then upon switching back to the Plugins tab it disappears entirely from the list. The only way to fix the settings page is to delete the plugin. Also, it does not show in the 'Filters' drop-down.

I'm using Wolf 0.6.0 and Safari 4 on Mac OS 10.6.2.

May try updating to a nightly tomorrow (probably day after though) and see if the problem is solved. Will report back soon!

Thumbs up

Well, the new themes for Frog do not play well on OSX (Firefox or Safari). I'll fix my other plugins first (page_metadata, page_part_forms) then I'll work on the WYMeditor.

Thumbs up

Thanks for updating us M! I never go the chance to play around and see if I could 'convince' the plugin into working, but it seems I won't have to now.

Thumbs up

Just noticed this wasn't in the plug-in repository.

I would love to use this on one site, but I am already using Asset Manager on it.

Thumbs up

yello wrote:

Just noticed this wasn't in the plug-in repository.

Bit late, but I added the plugin to the repository here smile

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Hi folks, is this working in 0.7x?!

I get js-errors:

setTextAreaToolbar is not defined

regards

zalubom

Thumbs up

Probably hasn't been updated for the new filter system. I'll take a look this weekend if the original developer hasn't spoken up yet.

Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

zalubom wrote:

Hi folks, is this working in 0.7x?!
I get js-errors:
setTextAreaToolbar is not defined
regards
zalubom

Hi,

Doesn't work for me either (on Wolf 0.7.3) .. however I am not getting an error ;-(

--
Piotr

Ah crap... I promised to take a look and update this for the new 0.73+ filter system but I completely forgot. Too much to do and too little hours in the day. I've added it to my todo and placed a reminder on it.

I'll probably have some time late tonight. Otherwise, the plugin's original author could work on it. The new filter switching system isn't that hard.

Okay, as promised... I took a look and changed some stuff around. It appears to work fine now but I only tested it quickly as its already 01:16 over here. smile

My altered version is here: https://github.com/mvdkleijn/frog_wymeditor

I initiated a pull request to the original author, so hopefully he'll pick it up from there.

Hello Martijn,

Thanx for the update - this filter it is really handy.

I've checked your version and seems to be ok, apart of 'table header' which doesn't seem to work for me. But can be something wrong with my installation so I am not sure.

--
Piotr