Topic: 0.6.0b to 0.7.2

Have there been many database changes?  I'd prefer to not have to copy every post from the old version to the new version manually.  If the databases are similar, it would be much easier to just do a sql query with the entries.

Cheers,

Tyler

Re: 0.6.0b to 0.7.2

I'd suggest you just use the automated upgrade script after making a backup... smile

You did read the upgrade instructions didn't you? wink

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

mvdkleijn wrote:

I'd suggest you just use the automated upgrade script after making a backup... smile

You did read the upgrade instructions didn't you? wink

Ok, I installed by deleting the old files first (well moved them to an oldwolf folder).  I then loaded all the new files on to the server and ran the install script.  I entered all the detail for the mySQL server and it installed successfully.  I then went and reloaded all the plugins.  When I go to my homepage it shows:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mtylerb/public_html/wolf/plugins/adv-find/index.php on line 60

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mtylerb/public_html/wolf/plugins/adv-find/index.php on line 66

When I try to edit my homepage and insert a debug line of:

echo ('Done');

and then save, I get Page not Saved.  If I try to edit the users, I get User not Saved.  So, knowing for a fact that all the files were uploaded without issue, what could be causing this?  This seems to be similar to what other users are saying.  I have everything backed up, but not live, at the moment.

Cheers,

Tyler

Martijn,

I tried to create an ID for you to log on as an Admin, but every time I log on with that ID it directs me to the home page and I have to delete the cookie manually and log on with myself in order to see the admin side again.  If you send me an email, I'll email you my password so you could log on and see for yourself.

I'm thoroughly confused.

Cheers,

Tyler

I'm also getting another error at http://www.tbeckett.net/articles/plugins/tagger.xhtml.

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/mtylerb/public_html/wolf/app/models/Page.php on line 359

This error shows up directly where the split between body and extended page parts happens.

Cheers,

Tyler

Any thoughts?  I'm holding my site broken so we can address some of these issues that seem to be consistent with upgrades.

Cheers,

Tyler

I'll have a look, but so far no one has been able to give me a repeatable scenario for a faulty upgrade. So far all of the problems were consistent with files not being replaced unless I missed a post? smile

Rather than having access to your admin backend, I'd much rather see what's actually on disk. But I'll try to login anyway.

Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

mtylerb wrote:

but every time I log on with that ID it directs me to the home page and I have to delete the cookie manually and log on with myself in order to see the admin side again.

That is probably due to the user not having the admin_view permission... did you assign one of the three roles to the user?

mvdkleijn wrote:
mtylerb wrote:

but every time I log on with that ID it directs me to the home page and I have to delete the cookie manually and log on with myself in order to see the admin side again.

That is probably due to the user not having the admin_view permission... did you assign one of the three roles to the user?

I've emailed you FTP access.  My user id's look like:

users table

My roles are:

roles table

Each user is assigned a role, as far as I can tell.

Cheers,

Tyler

- Have you disabled the Advanced Find plugin already? (since that seems to be causing problems)
- Are there any errors in the error log file when trying to access the backend?
- In the DB, are the roles linked to the permissions? (role_permission table)

mvdkleijn wrote:

- Have you disabled the Advanced Find plugin already? (since that seems to be causing problems)
- Are there any errors in the error log file when trying to access the backend?
- In the DB, are the roles linked to the permissions? (role_permission table)

1) Advanced Find is, just now, disabled.  It is having issues, but I'm not sure if it's contributing to the issues or is just another symptom of the issues.
2) There's an error log?
3) I've emailed you Database access.  I did link them, but I'm not sure if I did it right.  I manually did it in the Database since Wolf won't let me save changes.

Cheers,

Tyler

mtylerb wrote:

2) There's an error log?

The Apache / HTTP server error log?

mtylerb wrote:

I did link them, but I'm not sure if I did it right.  I manually did it in the Database since Wolf won't let me save changes.

Roles get linked to Permissions automatically during the upgrade process so it shouldn't be necessary for you to do so manually.

Martijn and I did some digging in my database and found numerous changes were not made by the upgrade script.  No idea why, the coding in the upgrade script looks right, but if you're having problems with your upgrade, we at least have an idea where to start looking to fix the issues.

I'm heading to bed, but I can help out some later tonight.

Cheers,

Tyler