Topic: Upcoming version php 5.4 and wolf cms

Hi to all,
I'm coming from another cms and after a long search, trial and error I ended up with wolf cms. It is really a great cms with a very good abstraction layer for both admins and clients. The reason why I left my former cms is that the developers decided to stop upgrading it to php 5.4 This is the biggest nightmare if you have websites running for your clients and functions in the cms core start to become deprecated. Now, since more and more hosters are going to upgrade php to version 5.4 very soon, the big question here is: will wolf cms be compatible with php 5.4 ? And how much php skills does someone need to be able to keep the wolf cms compatible with future php versions ? Another question is how many pages can wolf cms serve until a drop in performance shows up ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lorenzo (2013-02-14 13:37)

Thumbs up

Re: Upcoming version php 5.4 and wolf cms

lorenzo wrote:

will wolf cms be compatible with php 5.4 ?

I've got Wolf CMS running fine on a PHP 5.4 host.
So I guess that makes it compatible smile

lorenzo wrote:

... Another question is how many pages can wolf cms serve until a drop in performance shows up ? Thanks in advance.

Huge, thousands. If you're familiar with some PHP at basic-to-intermediate level - simple optimizing your navigation structure and site logic will allow you to maintain really big number of pages. There are also cache solutions available. No worries smile

There can be some inconveniences in backend jQuery page listing management if you have lots of subpages but this can also be avoided very simply by a small core hack wink

Nonetheless default Wolf installation is A LOT faster than for example Wordpress (as of my experience - php 5.3 / mySQL)

Last edited by mm (2013-02-15 15:05)

Ok thanks for your replies, I guess wolf cms will be ok for me then. I feel that it's better to simply use inline PHP tags for better efficiency and a zero "fancy" cms learning-curve. IMHO this is what PHP is intended for- jumping in and out of parsing mode side-by-side with HTML.

Thumbs up