Topic: New to WolfCMS and speechless

Hi,
I have used Frontpage for the last ten years and maintained my websites. http://www.mbc-fuerth.de.  I'm looking for quite a long time for a new system which is easy to understand and easy to use. I lurked around but there is a lot of crap in the scene and sometimes hardly to understand. 15 years ago I wrote programms in C, pascal, Smalltalk aso. But I couldn't do it now and I don't want to. Nevertheless I tried to find a new system developing my websites and played with iWeb. Buuuhhh, waste of time. But last week I bought an internet magazine with a WolfCMS report and WOW.
Now I have managed to upgrade my provider account, to install mySQL and at least to install wolf.
I'm surprised and excited. How easy to understand, programmable from every Browser.
Today I have managed to present pictures with Fancy Gallery.
Now I'm afraid the serious work will start.

I haven't decided yet about the first theme but I will play with a selection.
If I have news then I will post it.
Congratulations and thank you very much.
Walter

Last edited by helipilot (2012-02-28 22:10)

Re: New to WolfCMS and speechless

@helipilot (a.k.a. Walter) - Thanks for the positive note, and let us know how your site develops in Wolf.

I take it that you intend to migrate your current site (linked) into Wolf? Hope that goes well! smile

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Yes, I will migrate, thats for sure.

I'll give a message after the switch.
Walter

I am also loving it!!

It's exactly what it says - "Light-weight, fast, simple and powerful!"

I love how easy it is to make it do exactly what you need. Pleasure to work with.

It's really helped to create my new site!

Thumbs up

Welcome to the forums! smile

helipilot wrote:

But last week I bought an internet magazine with a WolfCMS report and WOW.

This peeked my interest... big_smile Can I ask which internet magazine?

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Of course
it is the "webmaking" magazine 2/12 March/April page 98-101.
exactly this one:
http://www.webselling-online.de/index.p … Itemid=467

with WolfCMS on the Frontpage.

Last edited by helipilot (2012-02-29 16:59)

helipilot wrote:

Of course
it is the "webmaking" magazine 2/12 March/April page 98-101.
exactly this one:
http://www.webselling-online.de/index.p … Itemid=467

with WolfCMS on the Frontpage.

Very cool! smile I'll have to see if I can't get a copy.

Edit: I guess that means we'll have to add an "Featured in..." blog post / link / feature. smile

Last edited by mvdkleijn (2012-02-29 17:35)

Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Hi,
ok, it took longer than expected, but now I'm online with the new homepage.
And maybe I haven't used all possibilities yet, but WolfCMS is amazing and I can manage it.
Please have a look if you like.

http://www.mbc-fuerth.de

Last edited by helipilot (2012-04-01 16:41)

Hey nice, model airplanes. smile Looks like a site packed with info...?

This seems like an appropriate thread in which to express my appreciation for WolfCMS.

My site is currently managed with FuzzyLime CMS, which is a simple, flat-file PHP solution that I chose because my existing hosting package didn't include any databases.  Unfortunately, Fuzzylime has gone the way of the Dodo, but I already knew it was time to move on anyway.

When I started looking at alternative solutions, I was convinced I would end up switching to either Drupal or Joomla, but I tried each of those and they both seem horrendously over-engineered for what I want (I'm sure they're good solutions, if you need all those widgets and bells and whistles) - so I was delighted to discover WolfCMS, which I've now started testing and configuring ready to transfer my content.  It does everything I already needed, automates a lot of the stuff I was doing by hand, and I like the look of some of the features/plugins that I haven't yet explored.

WolfCMS is, in my opinion, an excellent piece of functional design - starting from a core and enable/add what you need, not starting from an enormous bloated pudding and disabling the bits you don't want.  Well done, WolfCMS team!

Thumbs up

Atomic_Shrimp wrote:

Well done, WolfCMS team!

Thanks. Its little things like this that help keep up the motivation. smile

Edit: I've been reading your site... entertaining and informative. I've always liked doing experiments like your pewter casting stuff for example.

Last edited by mvdkleijn (2012-04-19 13:21)

@Atomic_Shrimp - Another vote of thanks for the encouraging narrative! Meanwhile...

Atomic_Shrimp wrote:

My site is currently...

... so ... where did you get the tealights 3-for-£1?! Inquiring minds want to know... wink

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Please consider supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

I got those in Poundland

Thumbs up

I have to say as well it is a breeze to play with.

Currently re-fleshing the Metal theme with new colours and images to take on my Astro site

Used to use SMF/SP but it is way to bloat now but thanks to a review I cam here.

Thanks for a small and lightweight DBMS CMS

Thumbs up

Yep, when I first heard of wolfcms I really liked it. I am still using it and it's been a treat working with it.

Thumbs up