Topic: Bag design company build with wolfcms

Launched a website for an Amsterdam based bag design freelancer:

http://bit.ly/s7O5JO

Just launched, so there may be some minor browser issues. Not tested extensively.

Note: didn`t ask any money for this. When i do take on a paid job, i will donate a percentage to wolfcms.org. Really appreciate this cms!

Last edited by gvd (2011-11-20 23:51)

Thumbs up

Re: Bag design company build with wolfcms

You make some nice-looking websites, gvd. smile

You know, they don't require it, but have you considered putting the name "wolf" somewhere that isn't too visible? It might even bring you a paying client. See how I did it here: http://www.clicketyhome.com/wolfcms/

Thumbs up

Well, I didn`t design the sites (apart from a bit of advice), so I cant take credit there ;-)

I dont consider putting the name 'wolf' or my name for that matter anywhere on the site.
I believe the client mainly doesnt care for this information, and therefor shouldnt be on the website :-)

Thumbs up

Can you adjust the design a bit? It is looking great, but one thing that annoys me is that te menu bar moves to the top when I'm looking at the "About" page.

Giving the menu bar a fixed (absolute) position makes it more restful.

Hmm, i understand, good point. Most pages are fixed height, and the site is centered vertically.
I could use a cookie for that perhaps, i will look into it :-)

Thumbs up

Two alternatives to the cookie using are:

1) Lock the position of div#site-container from the top instead of centering it (every page).

2) Assign "overflow-y: auto" to the div#site-content of the about page (you need to remove the !important then, and lock the height to 500). This way the container stays centered, but you'll get a scrollbar to scroll the content in the container, I think this is the best way to keep the design as its supposed to be.

*No offense though, just trying to help smile It's a great looking site already.

s.meijer wrote:

Two alternatives to the cookie using are:

1) Lock the position of div#site-container from the top instead of centering it (every page).

2) Assign "overflow-y: auto" to the div#site-content of the about page (you need to remove the !important then, and lock the height to 500). This way the container stays centered, but you'll get a scrollbar to scroll the content in the container, I think this is the best way to keep the design as its supposed to be.

*No offense though, just trying to help smile It's a great looking site already.

None taken ;-)

Once i noticed this behaviour, it started to annoy me as well.

1) Yup, it works like this now (with a top margin).

2) Nah, would like to avoid inline scrollbars on this site.

Tried the cookie solution, but it wasnt fluid enough to feel 'good'

Thanx for the look :-)

Thumbs up

As far as "this site made by so-and-so," I think you have every right to insert that notice.

However, I also have read that you can place the link invisibly, and for SEO purposes, it's still good. Like this:

<p style="display: none;">
  Built with <a href="http://www.wolfcms.org">Wolf CMS</a>
</p>

Thumbs up

Then you'll have to place the "display: none;" in an external css file. There are sounds that Google ignores all elements with inline-style "display: none;" or "visibility: hidden" because there are (/where) a lot of sites that (used to) use that property for hiding phrases with lots of keywords.

Google doesn't scan .css file though. (bot logs on your site can confirm that).

Or you can add meta name:

<meta name="generator" content="Wolfcms">
Tutorials at Project 79 | Wolf CMS Docs

jackie wrote:

The best solution!

Agreed, went with the meta generator tag :-) ,nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thumbs up

jackie wrote:

[faceplant] Of course!

Thumbs up

We are bit offtopic here with this. Btw, very nice site(s) gvd, I like the overall design and simplicity.

P.S. Bags are sooo expensive big_smile

Tutorials at Project 79 | Wolf CMS Docs

jackie wrote:

Might I suggest you make it either: "wolfcms" or "Wolf CMS"? :-)

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Might I suggest you make it either: "wolfcms" or "Wolf CMS"? :-)

Done :-)

We are bit offtopic here with this. Btw, very nice site(s) gvd, I like the overall design and simplicity. P.S. Bags are sooo expensive

Yup, then again, it takes a lot of manual labour :-)

Thumbs up