Topic: Downloads Plugin

This is a place holder for discussions about a new plugin I've created called the Downloads-Plugin.

Download v0.0.3d

Github Site

Readme

Plugin repository entry

edit by moderator: added plugin repo url
edit by realslacker: version bump for minor fix, see commit comments

Last edited by realslacker (2011-10-10 23:03)

Thumbs up

Re: Downloads Plugin

Added a tag and release for it. smile

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

How does it work?
After installing (checkbox in admin area) nothing happens...
What should happen? There are no extra install or help files either with exception the license things.

Thumbs up

You need to install "Installer-helper" first, then Downloads plugin. Don't know why, but instructions says so.
Hope that helps!

My Wolf CMS related blog Project 79 | Wolf CMS Docs

I did, but nothing happens....

What should happen? A new tab ? Dropdown list somewhere?

Thumbs up

jupiter8 wrote:

I did, but nothing happens....

What should happen? A new tab ? Dropdown list somewhere?

Are there any examples available?

Thumbs up

You need to place the Installer helper inside the 'helpers' folder and the plugin only supports MySQL installations.

Yes, you should see a new tab in your backend menu.

realslacker, maybe instead of using the Installer as a 'helper' you could use the AutoLoader to load the class in the enable file.

Thumbs up

Yes I did.
Installer.php in the "helpers" folder, and the Download plugin in the plugins folder.
Activated the Download plugin in the admin area, but nothing happens.

I tried this maybe 10 times, nothing.
I really need this otherwise the whole Wolf CMS is useless to me!

Or are there any alternatives?

Thumbs up

This may be an issue with the plugin, but you need to click the uninstall link, so it delete any of the tables it may have created in your fail attempts and then enable it again.

For example, if you have it enabled, disable it and reenable it, it displays an error message.

I believe this is the only plugin for downloads, not sure though.

Calling realslacker!

Thumbs up

I did the mistake of installing this plugin with Wolf 0.7.7 and this broke the administration part of the backend! I now get a tab with "MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING" and the administration page only shows a empty list of plugins. I have tried to run the uninstall.php but this does not seem to do anything but show a empty white page..

Not sure how to fix my Wolf Administration..

Thumbs up

Jonge wrote:

Not sure how to fix my Wolf Administration..

Hi Jonge - I'm not 100% sure what you see in your admin. But you could try to fix this way:

- remove the "/downloads" plugin directory from /wolf/plugins
- go to your database manager - probably phpMyAdmin?
- find the "setting" table
- click on "browse" so you can see the table data
- the last row should have the name "plugins" (find the "plugins" row, anyway!)
- click "edit" > copy and cut (CTRL-X) its contents; it will look something like this:

a:5:{s:7:"textile";i:1;s:8:"markdown";i:1;s:7:"archive";i:1;s:14:"page_not_found";i:1;s:12:"file_manager";i:1;}

- save this text in a texteditor in case you need it;
- with the data area in the "plugins" row of the "settings" table now empty, click "Go" in phpMyAdmin to save the empty row.
- you should now have a "clean" Admin page, but no plugins enabled >
- now enable the plugins you want in Wolf's admin, one by one, and you should be fine.

I have tested that and it SHOULD work! Do you keep backups? wink Hope that helps!

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Do think about supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!

Thank you, copied the "DB->settings->plugins" string from a default Wolf site. Tried to delete the string but this resulted in a lot of php errors and it did not seem to be able to enable plugins again(under the administration tab).

Next thing to do, BackUp wink

Thumbs up

Jonge wrote:

Thank you, copied the "DB->settings->plugins" string from a default Wolf site. Tried to delete the string but this resulted in a lot of php errors and it did not seem to be able to enable plugins again(under the administration tab).

That sounds quite strange. As I said in my reply, I tested that procedure on a "live" install, and it worked fine. I wonder if something has become corrupt somehow in your files? You *should* be able to replace all the dirs/files under /wolf/... with a "clean" set, unless you have any custom Helpers or 3rd party Plugins (like this one) which should be easy enough to replace.

If (somehow? how?) your database has got messy, I have no idea how one would fix that! hmm It also seems quite unlikely to me, though.

Jonge wrote:

Next thing to do, BackUp wink

Always a good idea!!

Using Wolf CMS professionally and for profit? Do think about supporting Wolf financially. Thanks!