Topic: Problems with the saving of empty fields

I had a serious problem with saving of some fields on pages. Here some of them:
- If in the field "description" earlier there was a text, and then I have decided to remove it, changes aren't saved. If I change one text for another all is saved.
- If a field "filter" to change with "textile" on "none" changes aren't saved. If a field "filter" to change with "textile" on "markdown" changes are saved.
- In plug-in adjustments "Archive" a field "Generate dates:" installed in value "No" is not saved.
Apparently null values aren't saved. Most likely it doesn't depend on a specific plug-in, and is a core problem.

Sorry for bad English by Google.
Best regards, crick.

Re: Problems with the saving of empty fields

Since all of the stuff you're talking about is fairly major and working... it would nice to know a bit more about your setup.

Lets start with:

- Wolf CMS version
- PHP version
- DB version
- HTTP server version

Wolf CMS founder and lead developer
Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

Wolf CMS 0.7.5
PHP 5.3.6
DB Sqlite 3.7.4 (PDO)
lighttpd 1.4.29

Option "debug" is true. There is no errors in the logs.

Best regards, crick.

Sounds like a fairly normal setup... is this on localhost or a remote hosting server?

Please always check the Support forums and Wiki before asking. (My Ohloh account.)
Like Wolf CMS? Consider making a financial contribution or see our financial report first.

This installation was done on the router ASUS with OpenWRT firmware.

Best regards, crick.

Ah... those PHP packages are often not as complete / stable as "normal" setup. They tend to be compiled specifically for OpenWRT and does not always contain the same sort of elements as "normal" distribution setups and tend to behave slightly differently.

Since this is a router, which often have little diskspace or don't allow logging to disk, are you certain it is logging errors? (not a full disk / no permissions / etc)

Are you using clean urls by the way?

mvdkleijn wrote:

Ah... those PHP packages are often not as complete / stable as "normal" setup. They tend to be compiled specifically for OpenWRT and does not always contain the same sort of elements as "normal" distribution setups and tend to behave slightly differently.

Since this is a router, which often have little diskspace or don't allow logging to disk, are you certain it is logging errors? (not a full disk / no permissions / etc)

I agree that it may affect my situation. But I think the problem lies elsewhere. I was wrong saying that there are no errors. I found a bug with saving settings module archive. Here it is:

Sep  1 18:43:48 crick user.notice syslog: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_escape_string() in /flash/www/crick.ru.wolf7/wolf/plugins/archive/ArchiveController.php on line 53

Sorry for the inattention. On the other two errors I will try to find the cause.

mvdkleijn wrote:

Are you using clean urls by the way?

Yes

Best regards, crick.

By the way the field tags can be nullified, and fields Breadcrumb Keywords Description aren't nullified. Why?

Best regards, crick.

I have tried on OpenSUSE on a desktop without clean urls. The problem remained.

PS These guys have the same problems Issue 355 Issue 324 Issue 305 topic Issue 356

Last edited by crick (2011-09-01 20:43)

Best regards, crick.

Those issues/posts are mostly duplicates and all related to SQLite. I've already got SQLite under review for the 0.8.0 release.

But thanks for linking them. You're right it is very possibly the SQLite problem.