Releasing Wolf CMS 0.7.8
We’ve just released version 0.7.8 of Wolf CMS. This release has a number of fixes for bugs and should enhance stability and security. It also has the latest version of the translations that were available at our Transifex project at the time of release.
Remember, all of our translations are available at our Transifex.com project page. You can get the bleeding edge of translations there.
This release includes:
- Added jsEscape() function to Framework to escape special characters in JS strings.
- Added support for lastInsertId with PostgreSQL (thanks forage)
- Added unique constraint to DB for email field in user table
- Added some PHPDoc improvements
- Added Bulgarian translation (thanks vnedelchev)
- Added “view_backend_layout_head” Observer system event to backend
- Added number of config options to generated config and removed from SecureToken and AuthUser (thanks mm)
- Added cookie eating for JS based cookies upon logout
- Added empty robots.txt file
- Added checks for snippet_add, snippet_edit and snippet_delete permissions (thanks mm)
- Added missing Persion/Iran entry to IETF array
- Changed url() default suffix argument value from false to true
- Changed uri() into path() (thanks nicnld)
- Changed system constants like PLUGINS_URI into PLUGINS_PATH, temporarily maintaining PLUGINS_URI for backwards compatibility
- Fixed redirect issue with snippet url (thanks mm)
- Fixed issue with FileManager being unable to edit .html files (thanks mm)
- Fixed issue to prevent non-admins from setting “is protected” on page (thanks mm)
- Fixed issue with Remember me text in login box for translations (thanks mm)
- Fixed auto-loading of namespaced classes in PSR-0 folder structure (thanks diftraku)
- Fixed the curious case of the missing sort order for FileManager
- Fixed issue with unescaped special chars in uninstall link on admin page
- Fixed issue with the Gravatar helper’s urls
- Fixed issue with link() not generating a suffix
- Fixed malfunctioning author() function of Page class
- Fixed unwanted suffix in sidebar for archive by month url in default site content (thanks andrewmman)
- Fixed broken page_not_found behaviour
- Fixed typo in source string for translations (thanks staticgeek)
- Fixed DB upgrade mechanism to allow 0.7.7 to 0.7.8 upgrades
- Updated all languages / translations to latest Transifex version
- Minor fixes and cleanups
Where to get it
Advice and Upgrade Notes
- Make sure to read docs/updating.txt in the download!
- If you are having problems after upgrading, make sure to disable all plugins and then re-enable each plugin one by one to make sure the problem isn’t being caused by a plugin.
- If you see “MISSING_DEFAULT_STRING”, it means that no “translation” was found for a string in en-message.php This is most likely caused by either a missing translation string or a missing en-message.php file for a plugin. Please check with your plugin’s authors if they have included that translation file or add it yourself.
- If you have references to “$this->url” or “$this->uri()” in your navigation related code, you should probably change it into “$this->path()”. That should fix potential problems with highlighting the active page in your menu for example.
Show your support
We sincerely hope you like what we’ve given you with this latest release. If you do, consider supporting the project by contributing financially.