Blog

Light-weight, fast, simple and powerful!

WolfCMS 0.8.0 sneak a peek

We know that we have been very quiet and that the last WolfCMS was out 6 months ago, but hey, we are only humans and the Summer was very hot and we got a bit lazy …

And you are probably wondering what is the reason for such a long delay ( beside Summer ) and when will the new version be available!?

Well, hopefully soon… (akhm) as we are very busy with new admin interface and other less visible improvements.

So without further ado, I present you the new WolfCMS admin UI:

— Dejan

7 Responses

1. Rik Says:
    December 16, 2011 at 20:47

I can't wait....

Will v0.8.0 this year be released?

2. Martijn Says:
    November 30, 2011 at 11:52

@Nitin - I'll try and do a blog post about the changes underneath the skin. Some are still fluid though and the entire team is extremely busy.

There are several ways as to how you can help out Wolf CMS so feel free to read through that page. If you want to help out with development, take a look at our GitHub issue list. Feel free to contribute by sending pull requests. Another way that helps a lot is by helping out on the forum, which allows to team to work on other stuff.

3. Nitin Reddy Katkam Says:
    November 25, 2011 at 20:48

Hi!

I would love to know what the not-so-visible changes are in the WolfCMS 0.8.0 release. Perhaps you can make a blog post about it?

I tried WolfCMS a long time ago, after reading about its ancestry from FrogCMS, and would love to help out with the development. Is there anything you need help with?

-Nitin

4. Fortron Says:
    November 16, 2011 at 20:04

Can hardly wait for the 0.8.0 release, it looks great so far. Its on Santa's giftlist I hope ;)

5. Martijn Says:
    November 14, 2011 at 15:09

Glad you like it guys. I'll try to do an additional blog post soon on the new stuff you can expect in 0.8.0.

@Juhani - I intentionally left the default interface to be very similar to the old one. However... :-) It has changed considerably underneath. Its HTML5. Once we're completely done, the net effect we hope to achieve is the same as for zen-garden.com

That means the HTML remains unchanged and developers can use (only) CSS to completely transform the look of the backend. Not just change colours but also move around and transform elements of the UI.

For an example of the idea, see: http://www.csszengarden.com/

(don't look at its HTML, just consider the idea)

6. Tikky Says:
    November 14, 2011 at 14:55
    Looks cool :-) Apart of new design and bug fixes, what kind of improvments we can expect in new version?
  7. Juhani Says:
    November 14, 2011 at 09:36

Excellent news!

The admin interface screenshots don't look so different from the current version, but I like the black color scheme.

Keep up the good work.