Releasing Wolf CMS 0.7.0 final
The pack is growing…
We’re very proud to announce the release of 0.7.0 final.
Where to get it
So what has changed in this release?
A lot. One of the reasons this release took quite some time is due to the Prototype to jQuery migration that we have done. We have also added a lot of security enhancements. We’ve also fixed a lot of bugs, added features and prepared Wolf CMS for its next steps. Here are some highlights:
- Improved installer
- Added an upgrade script
- PostgreSQL support
- Added CSRF token support
- Full jQuery 1.4.2 support
- Added Hash helper
- Added Validation helper
- Added a security advisories page (security.php)
- Added valid until feature for pages
- Added support for low-level permissions
- Filter system was changed to use MarkItUp
For the full list of changes, please read the changelog.txt file that is included in the download or view it online.
Advice and Notes
- Be aware: always make a full backup of both your files and your database before doing the upgrade.
- The reordering of Snippets and Layouts in the administrative backend does not work for IE8.
- Third party plugins (like TinyMCE) will potentially lag a little bit in supporting 0.7.0.
While we have taken lots of care to try and make sure there are no bugs, there may be some bugs that will popup. If necessary, the project will create fix releases for Wolf CMS 0.7.0 and announce those on the blog.
What will the future hold?
In the immediate future, we will of course be fixing any important issues that pop up for this release. Apart from that, you might be interested to know that in the next couple of days, the Wolf CMS project will be moving its repository to its new home on GitHub. In the next version of Wolf CMS we will replace the current backend HTML code with new clean HTML that will allow for easier manipulation by theme creators.
Show your support
We sincerely hope you like what we’ve given you with this latest release. If you do, consider supporting the project by contributing financially.
Happy holidays and a wonderfull New Year from the entire Wolf CMS team!